This recipe came from a neighbor who sends out recipes on occasion for us neighborhood girls to try. I love her recipes and have several I have saved and yet to try. I will post those as I make them. The original recipe for this pie was lime, and I had every intention of making it lime, until I went to the store to buy the lime curd it called for. No lime curd. I could see where it was supposed to be on the shelf, but they were out. I couldn't help but think that some other people had decided to try Lisa's recipe too. :) The store did have lemon curd, however, so I decided to make it lemon instead. I thought that would be the only change I would make, but in the interest of time I made a few other changes to the original recipe as well. I used a store bought graham cracker crust unstead of the homemade pretzel crust, and substituted cool whip for the whipping cream. I love real whipped cream, but remember I was in a hurry....as usual. Also, the original recipe called for fresh raspberries as a garnish on top and I decided to make a mixed berry sauce instead. I had never done that before and thought it sounded like fun. So, now that you know the changes I made, I will post the recipe as I made it. It was delicious....Joey and Hannah were fighting over the last piece. If you want the original recipe, which I am sure is equally as wonderful, let me know, and I'll email it to you.
Summer Breeze Lemon Pie
- 8 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 10 oz. jar lemon curd
- 1-2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1-2 Tbs. lemon juice or lemonade concentrate
- 8 oz. light Cool Whip
- Graham cracker crust
In large bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon curd, lemon zest and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Fold in cool whip and then place filling into crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with sauce. (Recipe follows)
Mixed Berry Sauce
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 Tbs. lemonade concentrate or lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. corn syrup
- Enough water to make sauce the consistency you like
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Serve with pie.
1 comment:
Yummo!!! I could have eaten the whole pie myself!
Post a Comment