I can't remember the last time I made something I enjoyed so much. This was magnifico!! This recipe came from Rachel Ray's magazine.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (I used dried, and then used a smaller amount)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
In a shallow dish combine bread crumbs and about a teaspoon of dried basil. In two separate bowls put flour in one and buttermilk in another. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken, one piece at a time in flour, then into the buttermilk and coat with the bread crumbs.
In a large skillet heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
In a large bowl, stir together the corn, tomatoes, onion, one teaspoon of basil, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve over the chicken.
I served this with some rice to round out the meal and it was outstanding.
2 comments:
Looks FABULOUS! And ingredients I have on hand. We will be making this soon!
must.have.this.chicken!
Post a Comment