My neighbor sent me this recipe and it sounded so different, I had to try. I served it with cinnamon graham crackers. It is very different, and I did enjoy it. It does taste a bit like apple pie with a creamy base. The only change I made was to use low fat cream cheese. Oh, and I did add about a 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
Hot Apple Pie Dip
8 oz cream cheese
2 TBSP brown sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 apple, chopped and divided
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 TBSP finely chopped pecan pieces
Mix cream cheese, sugar and spice in medium bowl til well blended. Stir in half of the apples. Put in small/mini crock pot, top with remaining apples, cheddar cheese and nuts. Serve with Cinnamon wheat thins or the new Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ritz crackers.
1 comment:
Looks terrific! Send some on over! :)
Post a Comment