I have a weakness for these little buttery, caramely pieces of "melt in your mouth" goodness. In fact, I would be willing to admit I have gained a few pounds from these this week. Thanks to my friend, Noreen who had to remind me of this recipe this week. Ugh! I LOVE these and HATE these at the same time! I made two batches this week. The first batch I took to work and the second batch I sent to work with Dave for a snack/potluck they were having.
Here is the recipe for all of you who asked, and for those of you who didn't......you'll want this recipe. :)
1 Bag Corn Puffs, butter flavor
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Place Corn Puffs in a large roasting pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine butter, corn syrup and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. While mixing, cook for two minutes or until bubbly around the edges, remove from the heat. Add baking soda and stir to cause foaming. Pour caramel mixture over corn puffs and stir until puffs are properly coated. Place in 250* oven for approximately 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and pour onto waxed paper. Break apart before puffs can cool.
1 comment:
I so love these too!
Post a Comment