This recipe from Taste of Home uses alot of convenience items that I don't usually cook with, but the results turned out pretty good. The tortilla strips soften and cook up like noodles. The family really liked it, so I think I'll file this one away for the times I need a quick dinner.
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 flour tortillas, cut into small thin strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, heat the soups, milk and broth, stirring frequently. Add corn, chicken and chilies; bring to a boil. Stir in the tortillas strips. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese until melted.
I served this with sour cream, salsa, and an extra sprinkling of cheddar cheese. I must say it was pretty tasty. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment