
This is one of my favorite recipes and one of the family's too. Joey ate two big bowls of it last night. It is very economical and there are always leftovers for lunch the next day.
1 whole chicken
1 box Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice
2 chicken bouillon cubes
Diced up carrots and celery (however much you like)
12-14 C. water
Put everything in large soup pot. Bring to boil and then simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is done. Remove chicken and cut meat into bite-size pieces, discarding bones. Return chopped chicken to pot with broth, rice and vegetables. Stir and serve.
2 comments:
I really love this soup! It is so easy to put together and yes leftovers are almost better then the first night.
XO Mom
I just wanted to say thanks for this recipe. We had made homemade chicken and noodles and I turned the leftovers into soup because of your post! THANKS!!
Post a Comment