Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easy Potato Soup


Soup two nights in a row. Not something I usually do, but it was so cold it just seemed right. This is not my usual potato soup recipe, but it was a recipe I wanted to try because it was alot less time consuming. It turned out very good, and Dave remarked favorably. The kids would rather have eaten the chicken soup again, so not a winner with them. Regardless, I will make this again because it was quick and comforting.

2 Tbs. minced onion
1/8 tsp. celery salt or chopped celery (I didn't feel like chopping)
1/4 C. butter
2 cans (14 oz. each) chicken broth
2 1/3 C. potato flakes
2 1/2 C. milk
1 C. Velveeta
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 C. sour cream

In a large soup pot, saute minced onion and celery salt in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Add potato flakes; cook and stir until heated through. Add milk, cheese, garlic salt. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through without boiling.

3 comments:

missy said...

you had me at "velveeta"

Sherri said...

Yay! I'm glad I found you online :) I have 2 blogs as well (one is a cooking blog) it is so much fun looking at blogs and even more fun when it is someone you know in real life!
Sherri Lee

Jesy said...

Tracey I love cooking so I will definitely enjoy reading this blog!