
I had some way past ripe bananas on the counter and decided to try a different banana muffin recipe. I love to find ways to make things healthier and this recipe fit the bill with whole wheat flour and honey in place of the sugar. My family would prefer everything made with all white flour and I do humor them once in awhile with the white stuff, but for the most part I try to always add whole wheat and a sprinkling of wheat germ. I am posting the recipe the way I made it, which is a bit different than the original. The original had raisins in it and no one around here likes them but me, so no raisins. Also, the original called for applesauce, but I was out, so I subbed in the oil and yogurt.
1 C. whole wheat flour
1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg (I used pumpkin pie spice)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 C. mashed bananas
1/4 C. oil
1/4 C. plain yogurt
6 TBS. honey
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, banana, oil, yogurt and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or I used cupcake papers; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 375* for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 12-14 muffins
If you aren't into whole wheat, these probably won't be for you, but I thought they were good and moist.
3 comments:
Grandma Napkin would be so proud to see her platter on your blog!
I think of her everytime I see those dishes.
XO Mom
they sound and look delicious. too bad i hate baking. this is good, though b/c i gave up desserts but muffins aren't technically a dessert even though they taste like one.
Hmmm....looks a tad bit difficult. I'll give it a try! I've never tried baking something healthy before. This could go on a 40 x 40?!
Post a Comment