Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Black Bean, Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad


I made this salad for a second time last night and realized I had forgotten to post it last time. So, here it is and it completely rocks. I love this stuff and it is so versatile. You can use alternative ingredients to maximize what you have on hand. For instance, I substituted Mexicorn for the fresh corn, chopped fresh tomatoes from my garden instead of cherry tomatoes, and prepared salsa for the dressing ingredients. It was still delicious. I have served it with tacos or with grilled chicken. It works as a dip for tortilla chips and I also served it on the side with some scrambled eggs. Yum!!
  • 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar


  • 3 Tbs. olive oil


  • 2 15 oz. cans black beans , rinsed and drained


  • 3 cups fresh corn or frozen, thawed


  • 12 cherry tomatoes


  • 1 or 2 avocadoes, peeled, pitted and cubed


  • 2 Tbs. lemon juice


  • Salt and pepper to taste.

In a large bowl, whisk vinegar and olive oil until blended. Add beans, corn and tomatoes. Toss avocado cubes with lemon juice to prevent browning and add to bean mixture.

Just before serving, stir to redistribute dressing and add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: