I set out to recreate a really yummy dish my sister ate at Rainforest Cafe when we were in Minneapolis. I know lettuce wraps are a very popular food item these days. I found quite a few recipes for it online. I came up with my own version using ingredients I thought the family would eat and it was a success. All except for the lettuce part. I couldn't find the right kind of lettuce and ended up with Romaine and it just wasn't good for this, well at least I didn't like it with this dish. Everyone at my table really liked the chicken mixture with the rice minus the lettuce part. I think I will definitelly make this again and just serve it with rice. Yummy! Or at least try to find a Bibb or Butter lettuce which I couldn't find today.
I find it hard to give an exact recipe for this, since I really was just playing with ingredients and not keeping track of amounts. I saute'd chopped chicken with carrots, green onion, garlic, ginger, golden raisins, and chopped peanuts. The sauce was more definite:
- 4 Tbs. Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Honey
If you like a more vinegary taste add more of the rice vinegar. I know I cut back on the amount of vinegar just because I thought it was a bit too much, but maybe you'll like it that way.
And, FYI, my kids really did like it. Believe it or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment