Sunday, July 19, 2009

Homemade Spaghettio's


Yes, you read the title right. I can't believe I am even posting this, but I am chronicling my cooking highs and lows. And, this may very well be my lowest point. :) I found this recipe in a cookbook my mom bought me that had a chapter with recipes that had five ingredients or less. This was one of them, but it had a different name. When I read it, I couldn't help but think, Hey I bet that tastes like Spaghettio's. So, the next time I went to the store I bought the stuff to try it. My cooking curiosity trumped my cooking pride. I mean, what real cooking aficionado would even consider such a thing. Me?!? Yes, ME, I love to have fun in the kitchen, and this definitely constituted fun.

So here it is, and yes it does really taste like Spaghettio's. The only change here is the addition of sliced hot dogs, and the substitution of a wagon wheel pasta instead of the small rings. Use whatever shaped pasta you like.

  • 8 oz. pasta rings or shape of your choice

  • 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed Cheddar Cheese soup, undiluted

  • 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed Tomato soup, undiluted

  • 5 sliced hot dogs

Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Return to pan and stir in both cans of soup and sliced hot dogs. Heat through and serve.

I doubled the batch when I made it. Good thing, since the kids called it "delicious". They'll devour the leftovers.

No comments: