Friday, July 17, 2009

Chicken Zucchini Quiche

This came about while I was trying to think of a way to use up some leftover chicken and pie crust. Quiche! Maybe I should pay more attention to the amounts of the ingredients I use, so it would be easier to post a recipe. Well, that's not my style. Mine is a little more like....hmmm what do I have and what can I do with it. A bit of a sloppy style for a perfectionist. I am a strange perfectionist, that must be it. Ok, back to my quiche.
  • 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese blend
  • 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
  • 3 beaten eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 unbaked ready made pie crust

Place chicken, cheese and zucchini into pie crust. Beat eggs with milk adding salt and pepper to your liking. Pour over rest of ingredients in pie crust. It will be full, so place on cookie sheet to catch any run over. Bake in 375* oven uncovered for about 30 minutes or until done in center.

The family really liked this. I think if I make it again I will experiment with some seasonings though. But somehow I am always in a rush to get something on the table.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This sounds and looks yummy! You are so good about making up recipes... I can never pull that off!