Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pizza Burgers


I apologize for not having a picture of these, but I made these for an on the go meal at the baseball field. I made them, wrapped them up and we ran out the door, so no picture of the actual finished product. The good news is they were good and I'll make these again. They are different than what comes to mind when you think, pizza burger. Give them a try and tell me what you think. I got the original recipe from Simple & Delicious, but I made a few changes to it for the sake of time. I was in a big hurry! I will post it as I made it.


  • 1 egg, lightly beaten

  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

  • 1 tsp. minced onion

  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • 1 lb. ground beef

  • 4 slices Provolone cheese

  • 4 toasted hamburger buns

  • 1/2 cup pizza sauce

In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Shape into 4 patties and grill until done. Meanwhile, toast buns.


Top burgers with Provolone cheese, and spread pizza sauce on toasted buns. Assemble and enjoy.


Note: I doubled this recipe to make 6 burgers and then ended up with about a half a pound of hamburger mixture leftover. I think I'll make spaghetti and meatballs with it. :)


No comments: