Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lemon Basil Chicken

I made this chicken last night, and decided I will be making it again. So Good! I am sorry I didn't take a picture of it. :( I got this recipe from Taste of Home. The original called for fresh basil, which I didn't have. If you have it, I am sure it would be outstanding.
1 medium lemon
2 tsp. minced garlic, divided
2 tsp. basil, divided
1 whole chicken (3-4 lb.)
2 TBS. butter, melted
salt and pepper
Finely grate the peel from the lemon to measure about 2 tsp. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice from one half. Set aside.
Rinse and pat chicken dry and put in a roasting pan. Take unsqueezed lemon half and squeeze juice into cavity of chicken, then place the lemon half along with 1 tsp. of basil and 1 tsp. of garlic in cavity.
Combine melted butter, reserved lemon peel and juice, remaining basil and garlic and brush over the outside of chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake uncovered at 375* for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until done.
Be sure and let stand 10-15 minutes before carving.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That sounds good. I've never make an entire chicken, but I surely could do it with chicken breasts! Yum! Or I could TRY to do it with a whole chicken and that would be a 40 x 40. I bet you can hardly believe that about me?! Maybe not! LOL