Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stuck on Sandwiches

Whoa, it has been sooo long since I posted a recipe. Too busy thinking about other things, I guess. But, don't doubt for a second I haven't been cooking. I have been on a bit of a sandwich kick lately. I have tried two new ones and had one thumbs up and one thumbs down. I don't like having a thumbs down, but if you don't try something new sometimes you'll get bored, or at least I will. I am going to give you the thumbs down first.



This is a Hawaiian Chicken sandwich. Thought it sounded interesting, but interesting doesn't always mean good. We had layers of deli chicken, canadian bacon, pepper jack cheese, lettuce and pineapple. The family refused the pineapple layer, but I tried it that way. It was just ok.

Next we have the thumbs up. Grilled Vegetable sandwich. MMMMMMMM. Everyone at the table commented how much they liked it. I'll definitely make it again.


I grilled zucchini and yellow pepper slices with some olive oil and salt and pepper and placed it on ciabatta bread with some deli turkey. (The family would not have given it a thumbs up without the meat, although I would have gladly eaten it without.) Next I made a sauce out of mayo, lemon juice, and minced garlic. I slathered this on one side of the bread and sprinkled it with feta cheese. Voila!!!! It was A+++++++!

No comments: