Thursday, April 30, 2009

Orange Poppy Seed Bread


I made these little loaves for the secretaries at the school I work at for Secretaries Day. I thought they turned out beautifully. I put them in a little brown bag with a cute springy bow. Very cute!

1 C. sour cream

3/4 C. sugar

1/2 C. butter

2 eggs

1Tbs. poppy seed

1 Tbs. orange zest

2Tbs. orange juice

2 C. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

Beat first four ingredients together. Add poppy seed, orange zest,orange juice, beat well. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Gradually add to batter,mixing just until combined. Bake in greased 9x5 bread pan at 325* for 50 minutes or until done in middle. Let set overnight.

When I made this I used a mini loaf pan and then added a glaze made of powdered sugar and orange juice to the finished product.

No comments: